Wednesday, June 23, 2010

You don't have to put on the red light





Oooo Amsterdam...what a great city. If it wasn't so cold, I might be able to stay for a while. I was so happy to see different people--to see a plethora of colors. The Czech Republic can get a little boring visually when everyone is white and looks like family. And there was all types of food, from all over the world--and it was delicious. Walking down the alleyways I felt I could have easily been in the 17th century and not much would have differed in the town's worldly and liberal mentality. Unlike in Prague, you can tell that old port city knows exactly who it is and isn't afraid to show it. The Czechs don't seem nearly as confident, fearful of tourists as they try to recover from the USSR, much less their tumultuous century.

Any who. I loved it. And what's even better is everyone rides their bike and speaks English =)

1 comment: