Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bohemia





Five cities in three days. Yes, I'm still recovering. I think Dennis was trying to see every castle in Southern Bohemia and he almost accomplished that. I stopped trying to pronounce the city names after the 3rd one, so don't think I'm even going to attempt to spell them for you here. I'll copy the tags off of another member of "Team Praha" when I get the chance =)

Although it was extremely exhausting, I have to say, the castles were worth it. Cesky Krumlav looked like it was literally a page out of Cinderella. A cross between Baroque and Rococco, the ornate design and vibrant colors had me mesmerized. I wish I could have photographed inside. The masquerade ballroom was enchanting, with costumed party-goers painted on the walls and a series of mirrors to further the intended escapism of the ruling elite. Now, it's high time I throw that masquerade party I've been talking about since high school. Who want's to loan me their house? eh?

I also loved the town...the hills and cobblestones reminded me of some of the small towns I've visited in Mexico and made me realize as well that I better go back soon. We actually got to river raft down the Vltava River, although our group got quite confused and took a lot of extra time...whoops. Just getting our money's worth, right?

Enjoy my non-tourist pics...my point and shoot was full and I pretty much refuse to take a lot of landscape shots when I'm shooting raw. They take up too much space when I have assignments to turn in. Sorry.

But you do get a shot of the castle and dawn, Dennis's boys defacing the national photography museum, and a modern day gypsy, running his own restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment