Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Carnies











Long time no talk, y'all. That's what happens when you go to Europe and the internet is either non-existent or super slow.

But as promised, here are my photos from my final project in Praha. A little background info: In the 19th century this complex was built for some trade exhibition. Glass panels, colored lights, the whole deal. Then the commies came in and built a quite ugly ampitheatre behind it, I guess to entertain and spew propaganda. Now this complex is used as a tourist trap to showcase bad ballet among colored lights and huge fountains of water. But what's even more interesting than the dilapidated palace of industry and the commie auditorium is that the hated gypsies have set up camp, yes, literally camp behind all of this and run a ricketty amusement park. Even better is that they live behind it. At this complex, I found some of the creepiest people I've ever met in my live and at times was probably more scared for my live than I've been in a while. Because of course I had to at least ride that roller coaster--twice =)

But enjoy the fruits of my labors. The early mornings, the late nights, the evasion of the cops to get this undercover shots for you, my bloggers. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment